Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Reads of 2024

Written by Grace H.

Time for another Top Ten Tuesday, brought to you by WPL’s Teen Book Guild!

This week’s theme is… Most Anticipated Reads of 2024!!


While 2023 was definitely a great year of reading for me, I’m anxiously awaiting some new releases in 2024! Many of these are from well-known authors in the YA genre or from authors 

that have previously written books that I’ve enjoyed, but some of the books on this Top Ten List are new authors for me. I’m excited to dive into a new year of great reads in 2024!




Holly Jackson is one of my favorite YA authors. From her bestselling A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder series, to her most recent thriller, Five Survive, all of her books have been a hit for me! 



If Only I Had Told Her by Laura Nowlin


I have read the first book in this series (If He Had Been With Me), and I enjoyed it, so I’ll definitely be picking this one up when it comes out in February. 


The Bad Ones by Melissa Albert


This is a new author for me, but when I saw the teaser description for this book, I was drawn in. It’s a cross between thriller and mystery, with a dose of mythology as well; I immediately added this to my TBR.


Once A Queen by Sarah Arthur


This is another new author for me, and Arthur’s debut novel drew me in with its stunning cover. And with a tale of family secrets and fairy tales, I’m anxious to read what’s inside!



The Getaway List by Emma Lord


I’ve read a couple of Emma Lord’s books in the past, and when I saw that she was releasing a friends-to-lovers YA romance that takes place in NYC, I was sold!



The Grandest Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


As a fan of The Inheritance Games series (also written by Barnes), this was a must-read for me. My anticipation for this novel grew when I read that it gave Charlie and the Chocolate Factory vibes.



Where Sleeping Girls Lie by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé

Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé has previously written a YA novel (Ace of Spades) that I have heard lots of praise for. I haven’t read it yet, but I’m eager to read both Ace of Spades and her new release, Where Sleeping Girls Lie



A Tempest of Tea by Hafsah Faizal


Faizal is another popular YA author (We Hunt the Flame) that I have yet to read any works by. But this new historical fantasy release sounds like the perfect book for me, complete with heists and an unlikely group of heroes. 



Every Time You Hear That Song by Jenna Voris


I actually already have a copy of this book as an advanced reader copy (ARC), and I picked it up because I saw that it was marketed as Dumplin' meets Daisy Jones & the Six, which are two books that I loved. Can’t wait to read!



The Boyfriend Wish by Swati Teerdhala

This was a super fun sounding rom-com, including prank wars and magic; positively pumped to pick this one up when it comes out (right in time for Valentine’s Day!)



What books are you excited to read in 2024?


3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the new Holly Jackson as well. I hope you love it and all of your other picks!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Tempest of Tea and Where Sleeping Girls Lie are on my list too this week.

    https://www.curiositykilledthebookworm.net/2024/01/most-anticipated-books-january-june-2024/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes - always look forward to her books.

    ReplyDelete