Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Reasons Why I’m Thankful for (These!) Books

Written by Em C. 

The Winter Park Library Teen Book Guild is one again happy to show its second installment of Top Ten Tuesdays. Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, Top Ten Tuesday is a widespread trend in which book bloggers create a “Top Ten” list in response to a different topic each week.


Top 10 Reasons Why I’m Thankful for (These!) Books 

 

  1. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - This series is what got me into manga and anime
  1. Adachi to Shimamura - This is the first romance book I ever read, and it's now one of my favorite genres.
  1. Girls Last Tour - The philosophy, aesthetics, and characters of this work really resonated with me.
  1. Love Me For Who I Am - This is the first book I read that dealt with explicitly queer themes.
  1. Nichijou - This series comedy is on point, it always lifts my spirits.
  1. Uzumaki - This book is what made realize how much I love horror.
  1. Topside - This science fantasy book is what got me started in reading Western graphic novels.
  1. Squire - This series reignited my interest in fantasy works.
  1. Boys Run The Riot - This manga series had very well written characters and story.
  1. Clock Strikers - This book made me aware of manga-style works from the West.

 


All of these books have introduced me to new genres, given me new ideas, or simply made me happy, and for that I'm quite thankful! Please stay tuned for more Top Ten Tuesdays in the future.

 

-Em C.

5 comments:

  1. These all sound like good books!

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bookish community is very cool.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound like interesting books.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    Astilbe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of any of these books, but I'm glad they have made a positive impact on your life! Where would we be without awesome books??

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Interesting list! I really need to check out the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series soon!

    Here’s my TTT

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete