Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Conjure Up Happy Memeo

 by Holly



1. Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon series by Naoko Takeuchi

This series always makes me feel happy. I really love the art style and the characters (especially Sailor Moon herself) hold such a special place in my heart. 


2. The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All series by Sumiko Arai

This series makes me remember the times in class I would talk with my friends about our favorite romance mangas. 

 

3. Death at Morning House by Maureen Johnson

This book makes me think of reading And Then There Were None in middle school. It was my first real introduction to the horror genre, and I really liked how there wasn’t an emphasis on gore. This book is similar to Christie’s and I like it a lot. 


4. When the Bones Sing by Ginny Myers Sain

While this memory isn’t exactly a happy one (I was super sick for multiple days and could only read books for entertainment), it was still fun to read all I wanted during this time. 


5. Blue Period series by Tsubasa Yamaguchi

This series is so special to me. As an artist myself without any formal training, I really related to Yaguchi’s character. I also really liked Ryuji, and the dynamic between the two characters. This anime reminded me a lot of real life. 




6. My Fair Brady by Brian D. Kennedy

Thinking about this book makes me remember how much fun I had reading and reviewing it. 


7. Princess Jellyfish series by Akiko Higashimura

I read the first volume of this series a long time ago; I remember really liking the characters. I thought that Kuranosuke (the crossdresser) was super cool and I liked the name of the series a lot!


8. The Princess and the Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Deya Muniz

I really liked reading this book. It reminds me of hanging out in the library after school reading new books and finding some favorites. 


9. Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie series by Keigo Maki

I remember really liking Shikimori’s character when I used to read this series. I always thought she was so cool and sweet. I really liked her sense of style. 


10. The Promised Neverland series by Kaiu Shirai & Posuka Demizu (illustrator)

While I know this series isn’t exactly a happy one (cough cough demons), it reminds me of talking with my friends during and after school. I remember laughing at all the memes that the fandom created.

No comments:

Post a Comment