Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Favorite Books from Ten Series

By Grace H.
Grade 12


Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday, brought to you by the Teen Book Guild at the Winter Park Library! Every week, book bloggers from around the world participate in Top Ten Tuesday, in which readers compile a top-ten list in response to a prompt.


This week’s theme is… Ten Favorite Books from Ten Series (in no particular order)


1. Catching Fire from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins

This series is so iconic to readers and teens everywhere. The entire franchise and characters are beloved to many, including me. Catching Fire is the best in the series with its introduction of Finnick Odair and a surprising turn of events that leads to our favorite characters back in the arena.








2. Majesty from the American Royals series by Katharine McGee

In my opinion, Majesty is the best book in this alternate universe series in which George Washington and his descendants are royalty. Majesty has the best character development, especially for Beatrice and Daphne.







3. Divergent from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth

I really enjoyed the first book in the series, but I must admit that the second two books in the trilogy were disappointing. Still, the original novel is wildly exciting and entertaining.









4. Kingdom of Ash from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas

This is one of my favorite series of all time, simply from the way that you get to spend so much time with an amazing set of characters, and this stunning culmination is easily the best of the series.








5. Ignite Me from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi

I believe that this belief is widely shared amongst the fans of this series; Ignite Me is so clearly the best of the bunch. The romance and the banter (along with the action-packed plotline) make this novel superior.








6. The Queen of Nothing from the Folk of the Air series by Holly Black

The final installment in this very popular YA series perfectly ties everything together. And because the entire series is a slow-burn romance, the ending to this last novel makes the waiting worth it.







7. The Summer I Turned Pretty from TSITP series by Jenny Han

For me, this series sort of bleeds together in my head as one large romance novel, but I would have to say that the first installment has the best summery vibes and plot line overall. As the series goes on, the story feels more drawn out.








8. A Torch Against the Night from the Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir

All of the books in this fantasy series have an attention-grabbing plotline and lovable characters, but something about the second installment is just the best. It has heart-racing scenes and some new characters as well.







9. As Good as Dead from the A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder Series by Holly Jackson

This one was a super tough decision, and while I think that the pilot installment is incredible as well, the final novel gets the win. Jackson takes thriller to a whole new level in the last novel, and I truly wasn’t able to put this one down.









10. & 11.? Six of Crows AND Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

This choice was simply too hard, but I still felt like I needed to include this series on my list, so I will declare it a tie! The characters and heist storylines in this duology are unmatched.

5 comments:

  1. I love SOC and CK. I need to reread the first American Royals book and continue the series. Here is my post https://paigesofnovels.com/2024/08/06/top-ten-tuesday-ten-favorite-books-from-series/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent has been on a few different lists this week!

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had Six of Crows on my tbr list foreever. i'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much.

    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2024/08/ten-favorite-books-from-ten-series.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. AS GOOD AS DEAD is actually my least favorite book in the Good Girl's series. I just couldn't get over the crazy twist! I was absolutely riveted by the book, though.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't choose between Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom either

    ReplyDelete