Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

by Holly K.

For this Top Ten Tuesday, I decided to put ten of my favorite quotes in YA books. I highly recommend these books. Sailor Moon is a manga collection; A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder is a murder mystery; Children of Blood and Bone is fantasy; and the Shatter Me series is dystopian. Disclaimer: These are not in ranked order!

1. “And in the name of the moon, I’ll punish you!” Usagi Tsukino, Sailor Moon, Vol 1, Naoko Takeuchi

2. “He kissed her, and she glowed with that feeling. The one with wings.” A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder, Holly Jackson

3. “Their entwined hands became a new living thing, her fingertips perfect against the dips in his knuckles, like they’d grown just that way to fit together.” A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder, Holly Jackson 

4. “‘Do not worry,’ I whisper as he takes his last breath. ‘I will make a far better queen.’” Amari, Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi

5. “I am no longer the little girl he knows. I am a princess. A queen. I am the Lionaire.” Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi

6. “I’m a mess of electricity, humming with life and lightning, hot and cold and my heart is erratic.” Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi

7. “‘You want to be friends with me?’ I blink hard against the stinging in my eyes. ‘You’re not afraid of me?’ ‘Are you going to be mean to me?’ ‘Never.’ ‘Then why would I be afraid of you?’” Juliette Ferrars & James Kent, Unravel Me, Tahereh Mafi

8. “It’s like a drop of honey, a field of tulips blooming in the springtime. It’s fresh rain, a whispered promise, a cloudless sky, the perfect punctuation mark at the end of a sentence.” Unravel Me, Tahereh Mafi

9. “‘Don’t let go,’ I tell him, eyes filling fast with tears. ‘Don’t let go. You don’t have to let go.’” Juliette Ferrars, Ignite Me, Tahereh Mafi

10. “Twice. Once for Adam. Once for Warner.” Ignite Me, Tahereh Mafi


2 comments:

  1. Great quotes! I hope you're having a happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Good Girl's series. Lots of fun!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete