Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Reviewed by Katie M.
Grade 8

The book Insurgent by Veronica Roth is a romantic and dramatic novel with a very upbeat plot. It certainly lived up to the high standards Roth created in the first book of the trilogy, Divergent. The plot has created a constant feeling of excitement in the reader.

In Insurgent, Tris, the main girl character, and her boyfriend Tobias, the main boy character, have escaped the confines of the factions. They are constantly running from the Erudite faction leader, Jeanine and have joined the factionless to help kill Jeanine and create a new government. Tobias and his mother, Evelyn unite the factionless to create an army and overthrow Jeanine. Tris, however, is convinced that they should not kill Jeanine.

I personally found Insurgent to be an intense, action-packed book with bits of romance weaved through. I found it hard to put the book down and was surprised when I realized I read half the book in the first day I rented it. I was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable I found the book. This book created an exciting mode inside the reader. Roth used a lot of sensory language which causes you to feel like you are actually in the book. Roth also used first person point of view so you felt as if you were having a conversation with Tris in real life. It was a fantastic novel and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment